Fordyce Spots Support Forum

Full Version: TCA works well
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So following "Fordyce Slaughterer"s thread I did a test on a small batch on the corner of my mouth with TCA (trichloroacetic acid). I bought 50% TCA online and diluted it to about 25% (unfortunately I didn't measure well so idk exactly).
It immediately frosted and then remained white for about a day, and after about 6 days the scab fell off and most of the treated area was Fordyce free.
I feel so much better now, knowing there's a method that works pretty well for me, and it actually makes me feel comfortable to try some more stuff before going all in with it.
Side effects can be pretty bad, particularly on individuals with darker skins such as myself (Fitzpatrick 3), So I'd like to take it easy and try my luck with a few more dermatologists before treating larger areas. Perhaps if I show them the results they might be less reluctant to help me.

I can post pictures if anyone's interested, but it's a really small test area and slaughterer has already shown great results on his whole lip.

Just wanted to share my experience Smile
No reocurence ? when you have done this ?
yes send pictures please

(03-01-2019 04:30 PM)bb1122 Wrote: [ -> ]So following "Fordyce Slaughterer"s thread I did a test on a small batch on the corner of my mouth with TCA (trichloroacetic acid). I bought 50% TCA online and diluted it to about 25% (unfortunately I didn't measure well so idk exactly).
It immediately frosted and then remained white for about a day, and after about 6 days the scab fell off and most of the treated area was Fordyce free.
I feel so much better now, knowing there's a method that works pretty well for me, and it actually makes me feel comfortable to try some more stuff before going all in with it.
Side effects can be pretty bad, particularly on individuals with darker skins such as myself (Fitzpatrick 3), So I'd like to take it easy and try my luck with a few more dermatologists before treating larger areas. Perhaps if I show them the results they might be less reluctant to help me.

I can post pictures if anyone's interested, but it's a really small test area and slaughterer has already shown great results on his whole lip.

Just wanted to share my experience Smile
Here you go:
https://i.imgur.com/dE0dNxO.png
[Image: dE0dNxO.png]

As I said I only treated a tiny area, but clearly the spots there are gone.
It's been 11 days so far so i can't comment about reoccurence yet.
Crazy, the TCA percentage was good and the spot size was well chosen.

The best benefit of having used TCA to remove Fordyce Spots is about regaining personal confidence.

I wished their would be a treatment, more secure and painless without any reoccurrence rate but it doesn't seem there is an alternative for chemical peels yet.

Be careful young Padavan.
Can you guys do a step by step for the penis area. I'm interested to try it.
DonĀ“t use TCA on your penis, i have updated my theard.
Update:
The treated tissue has become whitish, and when the skin is stretched it appears really white. I went to a dermatologist to consult about it and he said that the treated tissue looks scarred, and that if I will keep on treating myself with TCA I'll probably have white marks on my lips. He noted it is probably because my skin is rather dark.

So I think TCA is currently off the table for me, and I don't recommend anyone with skin type III-IV try it.

I think my only remaining option is laser.
CO2 Laser sucks on the lips. The white mark will probably fade within some months, I think a first tryout don't result in permanent damage.

So, back in 2012 I guess the dermatologist treated me with a CO2 Laser and it's the least effective way to remove Fordyce Spots on such a sensitive area. You will know what I mean afterwards.

I would wait some weeks to see the end result on your lips to know the reoccurrence rate and experience the full healing procedure with getting back your original skin tone.
Thank you for your update. I am very curious to see your situation after 3 weeks/1 month.
That is about the time for me that a spot fills up again.
Reference URL's