Fordyce Spots Support Forum

Full Version: Closest thing to a cure I found
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hi all, I’ve been a lurker on this site for a long time and have been paying close attention to the home remedies and non-home remedies for a few years. I’ve tried a lot of the techniques short of any medical procedures because i dont have the money for any of those. None of them really worked for me and either caused too much irritation or my Fordyce returned as bad or worse than before after a few months. I had given up on trying but then i saw something on ebay I thought i would try because it wasnt too expensive and it sounded legit. The seller even mentioned this forum where he got the idea from. A while back a member thought he’d found “the cure” using Vitamin A...same stuff in Retin-A and other acne medications to reduce or change oil production. I remember seeing the forum discussion but I can’t find it anymore. This stuff is designed around that recipe. So I bought it 3 months ago on ebay and it’s been going really well. I have Fordyce on my you know what and this salve is working better than anything. I have asked the guy a few questions and he replied pretty quickly. He’s trying to get it on Amazon too but he sells a lot of it on ebay and the feedback is good. My big spots are half the size they were and the little ones are nearly gone. It took about a month for it to start working, i’m at 3 months now and it keeps getting better. Take a look at it on ebay. It comes right up when you search fordyce spots in the ebay search bar. For $25 its really worth it and it shipped really fast. Like I said its worked better for me than the 4-5 other remedies i tried from here.
Im guessing this is the product you are referring to: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fordyce-Spot-Tr...b8mBu:rk:1

I can say that in my case its quite expensive. The postage is almost the same as the price to get it delivered to Denmark. It might work. It just looks a bit steep in pricing if you ask me.

Where are you from btw?
I am from Texas. The shipping cost to me was $3.50. Yeah the link you shared is the stuff. Last I checked it’s the only product on eBay for FS, and it’s been on their for about 4 months I think because when I first bought it 3 months ago the guy told me he began selling it a month before and it was selling good. He said to make sure you use it twice a day and don’t expect results for at least a month or more. I used to have acne when I was a kid and remember using Retin-A. It didn’t work for at least a month so I think this stuff works the same way.
I would give it a try if I hadn't experienced a lot of failures with cremens, so I am very sceptical.

If the creme would really work, wouldn't it been described by dermatologist?

I tried Fordyce Spots removal creme for 50 Bucks with the same advertisement but didn't even removed anything.

So, I actually skip this one but been open about some photo comparisons.
Well Im open to try this one aswell. But the problem is it being sent from US which would most likely include a toll fee once its getting inside europe aswell. That would make the price go around near 60-70$ for me...
Wondering if there would be a cheaper way to get it over here
I just started a retinol cream and they say for any improvement for any condition give it 12 weeks of using it to start to see improvements. When you say you have seen improvement is it noticeable? What is in this stuff? Screw it ordered some worth a try. Honestly this condition has caused so much stress recently that I will keep trying and getting up until something works.
Would be best to find out more info on what ingredients are being used before buying as I can't find a proper ingredient list beyond mentioned ingredients which is worrying. He says he uses Coconut Oil which is highly comedogenic (blocks pores) and a small amount of Tea Tree oil which is highly antibacterial and anti-fungal (Terpinen-4-ol is the chemical responsible for this) which won't do a whole lot as Fordyce Spots arent a result of bacteria or fungus. He also uses Jojoba Oil which is actually a wax so it has the ability to mimic sebum and trick your body into thinking it has produced enough oil. But it is slightly comedogenic and can be too heavy for some people. But it may work great for others.

If you want to go the topical route, you should consider getting a prescription for a low Strength Tretinoin (Retinoid) and mixing it in your hand with a moisturiser or apply over the moisturiser to reduce irritation. You can control the dose this way and customise which ingredients you mix it with to suit YOUR skin. Or you can just buy the Retinyl-Palmitate (which appears to be the Vitamin A ingredient in the salve he is using) from a cosmetic ingredient supplier store, slightly warm the container in a bath of water (as it's usually solid at room temperature) and mix with a moisturiser or an oil as it is oil soluble. Store in a dark glass bottle with a serum pump which you can buy from the cosmetic store. I have experimented with Retinyl-Palmitate before.
Not saying his product doesn't work for him or that you shouldn't buy it but there are cheaper and potentially more beneficial ways of going about a topical route than just blindly buying something off the internet. Just my two cents.
Hi,
im in the same position as I live in London so the delivery would be close to £40.
Are there any positive results so far because not to shade the picture of Ebay, but it does look like vaseline!
Would be great to hear back from you.
I think $25 is a great buy since it worked for me and I’ve had the tin for 3 months. I still have a lot left. I understand it might not work for everybody and I took a risk, but to buy ingredients to make my own are more than $25. Everything i’ve read about fordyce and coconut oil are positive. Most of the ingredients he uses are mentioned here too..
http://getridofthebad.com/how-to-get-rid...yce-spots/
I bought some will report back in a month or so after I start using it. You said you had a noticeable difference?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's