Fordyce Spots Support Forum

Full Version: Fordyce or warts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, fairly confident these are fordyce, especially on the lips. not contagious.
Thank you for your answer. I have infected my husband. So I know it's definitely contagious ... but I do not know what it is.
The doctors do not know what it is. That's why I'm asking for a treatment
I am fairly certain this is Fordyce. The reason being that i can see sebum being pushed out of the pore on these glands. If you look carefully you see little white dots on top of the spot, This is subum physically being pushed out of the gland. The only thing i would say is that in image 2 because of the lighting it looks like glands are filled with clear liquid. This is not something that is characteristic of Fordyce. But as i say that is probably just the lighting.

As for it being contagious. No i don't believe you can infect anyone with what you have shown. You husband developing similar symptoms may just be down to diet.

I'm not a doctor. i am only stating my opinion as someone who has the same condition and knows what it looks like.
Thank you for your help! :-)

Do you have that in the genital area too? What can I do about it? I am anxious because my ex partner and current partner have exactly the same symptoms ... and it grows throughout the mouth and the throat
They both have it because it is a very common skin condition. i think i have read somewhere that 90% of adults have some form of prominent sebaceous glands. Some of us have it much worse than others. I think you need to be very careful when you start using the word contagious as your increasing the stigma around it.

Fordyce spots are a very common and natural thing. they are not courageous in anyway.

As for treatments nothing currently exists which will solve the issue. there are some exciting developments such as the company 'Sebacia', and other laser technologies that are more precisely targeting skin conditions.

People have also reported that having a dairy free diet can enormously improve the condition.

the best thing you can do is to try and accept them as being part of your body. I know more than anyone that this is a difficult thing to do.
Reference URL's