Fordyce Spots Support Forum

Full Version: Coconut oil & Vitamin A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently read that “a simple solution of Vitamin A palmitate powder and fractionated coconut oil, as a carrier” worked with no signs of return, and and a few questions were raised, because I read up on fractionated coconut oil and most of it is topical, while vitamin A is meant to be ingested, so I am left confused at how to take these together! Today, however, I discovered MCT oil, which is a consumable, more pure version of fractionated coconut oil. This seemed to be what I was looking for in a carrier for my vitamin A powder, but I have never tried anything like this so help is appreciated! Properties of both oil and powder seem to have promising effects!
Thank you for your help!!
hi, i saw this too and actually decided to try it as I'm running out of options here.. have been doing it for a couple of days now and I believe it's going to be a rather slow process (a month or so) so I'm going to try stick with it for a month at least, and will update.. also I've noticed the powder isn't particularly soluble in the oil, so I'm wondering if it's even going to do anything.... anyway I'll try
(05-28-2018 11:59 AM)artemis Wrote: [ -> ]hi, i saw this too and actually decided to try it as I'm running out of options here.. have been doing it for a couple of days now and I believe it's going to be a rather slow process (a month or so) so I'm going to try stick with it for a month at least, and will update.. also I've noticed the powder isn't particularly soluble in the oil, so I'm wondering if it's even going to do anything.... anyway I'll try

So how did it work out for you two? Smile
You have to be careful with Coconut Oil as it can block pores. While Fractionated Coconut Oil is less likely to block your pores than Virgin Coconut Oil it can still be too heavy for certain skin types. It's a good idea to use an oil or a butter with a low comedogenic rating https://www.holistichealthherbalist.com/...enic-oils/
Also a good idea to buy Organic oil or butter from a company that sells it for cosmetic purposes rather than oil from the supermarket that is for food purposes.

The Vitamin A derivative those product are usually using is called Retinyl Palmitate and it's for skin care purposes and is fat-soluble. It's solid at room temperature so you will need to slightly warm the bottle in some warm water and mix it will your oil or butter of choice. You should also use a scale that's accurate to 0.01 or 0.001 which you can get from ebay to measure the amount of Retinyl Palmitate you're using. So if you wanted to make 30.0grams (convert to milliliters if you like) of oil with Retinyl Palmitate at 1.0% dilution would be - 1.0% of 30.0 = 0.3grams Retinyl Palmitate, 29.7g Oil.
Reference URL's