Fordyce Spots Support Forum

Full Version: PLEXR? (anyone used this?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just had this back from a London aesthetics consultant regarding Fordyce spots, this is what they told me about this new treatment PLEXR

I have been in contact with our lesion removal expert Dr.Lingham and he has told me he is unable to do the micropunch procedure and isn’t aware of any other doctors in the area offering the service.

He did recommend a fairly new treatment to the market called PLEXR.

The Plexr method has many advantages over cosmetic surgery, which makes it an increasingly popular treatment method. There is no cutting of the skin, which means that there are no stitches required, and most people can return to work the same day. It is much quicker than surgery, as no injectable anaesthetic is required.

Plasma is a relatively new innovation in the industry. The extremely accurate instrument works by ionising the gas particles in the air between its tip and the skin, to form plasma. An electrical arc is created, which results in sublimation i.e. turns a solid straight into gas. Therefore, the results are instant, but also no heat is transferred to the surrounding area.

Plexr has been shown to be a safe treatment due to its non-invasive nature. Still the majority of patients are likely to experience some minor side effects in the 7 days following treatment.

There will be some brown marks that have the appearance of minor scabbing, which are carbon crusts, but after around 5 days, these will fall off, revealing new pink skin beneath. Some swelling will be seen, but it is likely to only last 3-5 days at most.

anyone had this done? or is it another poor method of treatment like the rest of the common treatments?
My experience with Felc/PLEXR(a variation of just using PLEXR), on both lips, I have tons of FS spots on the upper lip unfortunately:
-you can't use it on wide area, you have to wait for the area to heal to not have scars
-it costed me about 300 € each treatment(I had 3 rounds), I had to ask for time off work because of the brown marks
-most importantly, my FS spots just came back after few months

SO

useless in MY case, I'm sorry
Reference URL's