Fordyce Spots Support Forum

Full Version: HOW I AM GETTING RID OF MY FORDYCE SPOTS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a 16 year old male, and I have fordyce spots on my upper lip. It used to bee much worst but now the covered area is reduced in size and looks just like if my upper lip is a bit dry. This is what I have been doing and continue to do each day:
-DRINK A LOT OF WATER
-Apply tretinoin gel on the affected area every day right before bed, after washing the affected area with warm water
-Take many vitamins every day (D E A K C B)
-Apply coconut oil(or any other oil) to the affected area at least twice a day.[/font]
-Eating asparagus and garlic daily
-Apply some apple cider vinegar to the affected area once a day, rince after 15 minutes

I will keep you updated on how well this is working for me, and if I can get rid of those nasty little buggers once and for all. Smile

Good luck!
Today is my third day doing this and my fordyce spots are so much better! Big Grin
They are now much less noticeable and they just keep getting better!!!
I urge everyone who shares my pain to try this for at least a week, I promise you will see a difference!
Please tell me your story and if it works for you.
I have these pretty bad on my upper lips and have been searching remedies. I am 35 and have had these for some time but they have gotten a lot worse over the last year (no clue why). I've turned back into a two year and not able to look at people when they talk to me. Im excited to try the above because up until now, I have just been popping them like a zit and when there are 40 small ones, that has been causing a lot stress on my lips and takes days to heal up, even causing cold sore breakouts. Ive read that all the surgery options right now (CO2, defrachydration?) are not permanent and can causing some bad scarring, any thoughts?

Have you tried the Acetone/Vinegar cleanse or even the TCA peel? How long have you been doing this treatment and do they eventually come back if you stop? It sounds like my first step is to get a prescription for the cream and even the pills?

What is your diet like? Do you smoke and/or drink? Exercise?

Any help is appreciated!! Thanks for your post, its very comforting to others going through this and trying to find a solution.
Hey Someperson, Thanks for the post! Two questions for ya. Where did you get the tretinoin gel? I heard its pretty hard to obtain without a prescription. And do you have before and after pictures? I too have fordyce spots all over my upper lip and it would be great to get a feel for how well yours are improving.
So I am too nervous to do the TCA acid wash or acetone wash. Basically I have been popped them like pimples every three weeks and then do the following

-Use Tazorac (tretinion cream) - need a prescription but any dermatoligist will give you one
-use jojoboa oil at night
-use coconut lip balm during the day
-DRINK A TON OF WATER!!!
-eat heathly, no junk food or fast food, nothing too greasy

This seems to be helping but is no means a cure. Ive pretty much resolved myself that I just have to pop these when they get bad. To pop them I use my finger nails or a small acupuncture needle (ebay or amazon). If you have herpes virus, load up on valtrex and lysine when you pop them since it will stress out your lips and may cause a breakout.
Just wanted to hop on here and say holy cow the tretinol gel is working really well for me! I've only been using it for a little over a week but it definitely keeps my spots to a minimum when they normally come back in full strength after a few days. I'm sure I will still end up using a needle every once in a while but this stuff is working wonders. Also making sure I take a garlic supplement every day, drink plenty of water (1 gallon per day for me) and applying apple cider vinegar to my lip for 15 minutes a night. Thank you for the recommendation!

(09-28-2016 11:46 PM)thesespotsuck Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Someperson, Thanks for the post! Two questions for ya. Where did you get the tretinoin gel? I heard its pretty hard to obtain without a prescription. And do you have before and after pictures? I too have fordyce spots all over my upper lip and it would be great to get a feel for how well yours are improving.

I got mine hassle free from skin care heaven:
https://www.skincareheaven.com/glo-miner...m-tretinol

Word of advice: I've found that one most mornings after using the gel it may seem like the spots are back but if you scrape your lips with your fingernail a bit the top layer will come right off and your lips will look awesome Smile

Thank you for recommending this method, it's been tremendous for me!!

I will keep everyone posted as well with any future results.
Hey Jumberlack, glad to hear you're having positive results with the tretinol gel. Do you have any before and after pictures you could provide?
GO TO THE DERMATOLOGIST!!! they can do CO2 laser and then prescribe a trentinion cream. I had some spots zapped over a month ago and apply Tazorac cream (only strong retinoid we have in the US) and both combined have been great!!!!

I wish more people would stop with the home remedies and see an MD, thats the only way we are going to find a cure to this!!!
Reference URL's