Fordyce Spots Support Forum

Full Version: AGNES RF treatment could be an option.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello friends.

There is a very good potential treatment option that has just become available. It has never been used on fordyce spots.
But it has been shown to cure a skin condition that is incredibly close to fordyce spots.

Syringomas are just like fordyce spots, except that instead of an overactive oil gland, there is an overactive sweat gland. They produce a bump, and are typically located under the eye but not always.
Before this treatment arrived, the only other option was non-fractional ablative co2 laser. Is this starting to sound familiar? Tongue And like you all know Co2 laser treatments are not very effective, and can lead to scarring and pigmentation issues.
Here is a link to the study showing it cured two women with this skin condition. http://www.igwss.com/wp-content/uploads/...Damage.pdf

How it works
This AGNES system is primarily used to treat acne. It has shown to be quite effective in people who suffer from cystic acne, where a select amount of sebaceous glands continuously over-produce oil. The Agnes RF system uses a 1.5mm needle. The bottom 1.05mm of the needle produces heat for 0.25-0.50 seconds, the top 0.45mm of the needle which comes into contact with the surface of the skin is insulated and does not produce heat. This insulation is to prevent surface scarring.

If you would like to see a video of how this treatment works with acne, watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kuQkwBEKb0

This system has only been available in Asia for the last few years. But as time goes on it will start to be available in more countries as the inventor Dr Gun Young Ahn has been all around the world to showcase his machine and method at dermatology conferences.

We won't know until we try.
Look at the studies, look at the video, and see if maybe this is something you want to try. It is without a doubt the most promising treatment so far.

There is clinic called Epsom Skin Clinics, in London, England. They have recently acquired the machine. You could try booking an appointment for yourself and see if they would be willing to try it on some of your fordyce spots. IF YOU DO, you should sign up here so we can hear how your experience goes.

Again, no idea if they would be willing to treat this, but it's probably worth a shot.
Nice to know someone is doing some research. There definitely isn't enough recognition in the medical community for this condition. Who knows maybe this treatment will work.

I don't think you'll get many votes though as this forum isn't that active. I voted though.

Good luck.
(04-26-2016 01:49 PM)Beepodybumpody Wrote: [ -> ]Nice to know someone is doing some research. There definitely isn't enough recognition in the medical community for this condition. Who knows maybe this treatment will work.

I don't think you'll get many votes though as this forum isn't that active. I voted though.

Good luck.

Thanks Beep. There certainly isn't enough recognition at all.

One big characteristic about this skin condition is how different it can look in each person! Some people can only have really small spots, some people can have large spots! Some people can have so many that their entire upper lip seems to disappear due to the proliferation of white spots.

And then they go to a dermatologist, and they just say "Oh don't worry about it".

It's just rather insulting, because these same places do all kind of s**t for wrinkles and moles. I somehow doubt they're telling these people to "not worry about it" since they get treatments for this.

It matters. This condition matters. And this is one of the most common uncured skin conditions in the world. We have to fix this.
I completely agree with you. But I doubt things will change as I believe this is a very rare skin condition. You can tell by how many people frequent this forum. Only about four in my book.

Which is a shame. Maybe there simply isn't the money behind treating Fordyce spots for anyone to take it seriously or Evan know of the condition.

But I agree that we have to fix it. There simply must be a cure somewhere.
(04-26-2016 08:40 PM)Beepodybumpody Wrote: [ -> ]But I doubt things will change as I believe this is a very rare skin condition. You can tell by how many people frequent this forum. Only about four in my book.

Well, we know that in terms of genitals, it is something greater than 70% of men.

Lips? I don't think there are any figures, but I'm sure it is somewhat common. It could even be more common than cystic adult acne.

But the difference is the range of severity, and how it affects a person.
Some people only get a few in the corners and never notice them.
Some people get so many that their entire lip becomes white.
And for the genitals, some people just have slight spots where the hair comes out, and for other people it's like 2mm sized white pebbles embedded in their entire penis.

And I think the range of severity has clouded the need for treatment. They're unaware of how severe some people can get this.

Although this forum isn't frequented by regulars, I'm sure there must be a lot of people who visit from a google search looking for answers. So I hope they see this thread and sign up. Because no longer does this forum have to be about wacky treatments that won't get results, now we can work towards something. Smile
(04-27-2016 05:26 AM)ThatGuyWhoTalksAlot Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2016 08:40 PM)Beepodybumpody Wrote: [ -> ]But I doubt things will change as I believe this is a very rare skin condition. You can tell by how many people frequent this forum. Only about four in my book.

Well, we know that in terms of genitals, it is something greater than 70% of men.

Lips? I don't think there are any figures, but I'm sure it is somewhat common. It could even be more common than cystic adult acne.

But the difference is the range of severity, and how it affects a person.
Some people only get a few in the corners and never notice them.
Some people get so many that their entire lip becomes white.
And for the genitals, some people just have slight spots where the hair comes out, and for other people it's like 2mm sized white pebbles embedded in their entire penis.

And I think the range of severity has clouded the need for treatment. They're unaware of how severe some people can get this.

Although this forum isn't frequented by regulars, I'm sure there must be a lot of people who visit from a google search looking for answers. So I hope they see this thread and sign up. Because no longer does this forum have to be about wacky treatments that won't get results, now we can work towards something. Smile

have you looked into the BCA peel? Another thread has an article that looks promising.
This pretty much exists already in the US. Its called electrodissection or electrocauterization.

Basically a needle is inserted to the area and heat or radio frequency is sent to the tip and cauterizes the area. Only the tip reaches the high temp to destroy the tissue/glands, leaving the surface skin and tissue unaffected.

Some people have had luck with it. The problem is, you have to get pretty lucky to get the tip right on the sebaceous gland to destroy it, they are tiny.

Any reputable derm in the US will have the equipment.

TRY IT!!!!!!! We will only find a cure to fordyce by continuously trying treatments.
Reference URL's