Fordyce Spots Support Forum

Full Version: How do you cope?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think i have them on my lips (waiting for doctor app) and they keep getting worse, i were blistex and keep my mouth closed, i even talk with most of my mouth closed wich just looks wierd.

But eventually they will reach the parts of my lips i cant hide and become very vissible.

So how do you guys who have them visible on your lips deal with it? going to work, hanging out with your friends, i dont even want to go out in public i feel like a freak.

How do you show up to work and function like a normal person when u have something that looks like an std on your lips?
I've had FS on my lips for 8 years. Every year more spots emerge and clusters have formed beyond the vermillion and on the actual lips so they are visible now. I don't mean to scare you at all but they progress with age. These are oil glands that are not attached to a hair follicle so they're like free floating lobules until they reach the most moist parts of the skin, such as the vermillion of the lips and the lips/mouth. And that's when they latch on to the lips and become visible.

This is just the reality. Some ppl get a few or even one noticeable one and it stays that way permanently. And then there are some people that produce more FS as the years go by.

Needless to say, doing simple things like going to the store and going up to the cashier to pay for your merchandis me or going to the coffee shop to get a cup of coffee, or meeting up with friends at a resto or bar is terrifying. But you gotta do what you gotta do and that is to function as normally as possible. When the spots weren't so prominent I didn't let them bother me and if someone stared at me or looked at me funny I would try to ignore it.

Now the spots are very visible and I try to explain to ppl that they are harmless. One coping mechanism is to remember that there is nothing wrong with you, if your health is good try to remember that too. Family and good friends (trust me this is when you'll know who you're real friends are. They are the ones who go out of their way to make you feel like there are no spots on your lips).

There's no point in trying home remedies. Those don't work as these are not normal oil glands and it's not acne!
I just read this on steadyhealth.com someone claims to have gotten rid of theirs using apple cider vinegar.

http://www.steadyhealth.com/topics/fordy...ly#1603911
(01-31-2016 07:35 PM)Beepodybumpody Wrote: [ -> ]I just read this on steadyhealth.com someone claims to have gotten rid of theirs using apple cider vinegar.

http://www.steadyhealth.com/topics/fordy...ly#1603911

I tried this a few months back with no success. I took a shot diluted in water at least once daily for around 3 weeks and I noticed no difference. But hey, everyone is different. I say give it a try. Or maybe try applying it to your lips with a q-tip a couple times a day
(01-27-2016 02:03 AM)Hopeful13 Wrote: [ -> ]I've had FS on my lips for 8 years. Every year more spots emerge and clusters have formed beyond the vermillion and on the actual lips so they are visible now. I don't mean to scare you at all but they progress with age. These are oil glands that are not attached to a hair follicle so they're like free floating lobules until they reach the most moist parts of the skin, such as the vermillion of the lips and the lips/mouth. And that's when they latch on to the lips and become visible.

This is just the reality. Some ppl get a few or even one noticeable one and it stays that way permanently. And then there are some people that produce more FS as the years go by.

Needless to say, doing simple things like going to the store and going up to the cashier to pay for your merchandis me or going to the coffee shop to get a cup of coffee, or meeting up with friends at a resto or bar is terrifying. But you gotta do what you gotta do and that is to function as normally as possible. When the spots weren't so prominent I didn't let them bother me and if someone stared at me or looked at me funny I would try to ignore it.

Now the spots are very visible and I try to explain to ppl that they are harmless. One coping mechanism is to remember that there is nothing wrong with you, if your health is good try to remember that too. Family and good friends (trust me this is when you'll know who you're real friends are. They are the ones who go out of their way to make you feel like there are no spots on your lips).

There's no point in trying home remedies. Those don't work as these are not normal oil glands and it's not acne!

thank you, ive been to my primary care and dermetologist now and both said the same thing," they are normal you just have to live with them." Easy for them to say.... ive only told my closests friend about them and that help alot. I think i will tell everyone at work to get rid of the anxiety of people finding out from killing me, and let the chips fall where they may.. /: *sigh*
Reference URL's