Fordyce Spots Support Forum

Full Version: Fordyce Spots and Kissing. Please Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Everybody this is my first post, Im 19 years old and Iv had fordyce spots on my lips for about 3 or 4 years now and still haven't found a cure. My question is does anybody know of any temporary cover ups that will make the spots less noticeable or almost invisible. I need something that will last through alot of kissing and making out. Currently I wear a lipstick that matches my lip color almost exactly( it sucks wearing lipstick because Im a guy). But I know the lipstick would come off easily after probably just a couple of kisses, Plus I dont want to get lipstick on her and have her find out that Im wearing it.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a lip product, it could just be some sort of treatment that will reduce visibility even if its just temporary. Obviously I would love a permanent cure but it doesn't seem like there is one. So please if anybody knows of anything please help me out. Thanks, and also if anybody would like to get in contact maybe we could work towards finding a cure.
Please, Anybody. Im desperate for something. Coming up pretty soon Im going to get together with this girl and I know theres going to be ALOT of kissing. Theres got to be something I can do.
(11-10-2015 12:40 PM)p96 Wrote: [ -> ]Please, Anybody. Im desperate for something. Coming up pretty soon Im going to get together with this girl and I know theres going to be ALOT of kissing. Theres got to be something I can do.

Hey man, made an account just to reply to you. Had these spots on my lips for almost 8 months now, seen them go from not noticeable at all to super noticeable. I've tried lipstick too (im also a guy). But I thought it was too noticeable so stopped using. What I currently use as a cover up is Burtsbees tinted lip balm. Its not perfect by any means but it definitely makes them less noticeable and it just looks like you're wearing chap stick rather than lip stick. Just select the color you think matches your lips. It costs like $7 and you can get it at almost any convenience store here in the states. Ill also post the link if you want to buy it online. I use the petunia color. I really hope this helps. Like I said its not perfect, its not even good enough to stop me looking for alternative solutions. But definitely better than nothing at all

http://www.burtsbees.com/Tinted-Lip-Balm...lt,pd.html
My dermatologist told me that the differin works on lips. Give a shot.
(11-11-2015 01:02 AM)thesespotsuck Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2015 12:40 PM)p96 Wrote: [ -> ]Please, Anybody. Im desperate for something. Coming up pretty soon Im going to get together with this girl and I know theres going to be ALOT of kissing. Theres got to be something I can do.

Hey man, made an account just to reply to you. Had these spots on my lips for almost 8 months now, seen them go from not noticeable at all to super noticeable. I've tried lipstick too (im also a guy). But I thought it was too noticeable so stopped using. What I currently use as a cover up is Burtsbees tinted lip balm. Its not perfect by any means but it definitely makes them less noticeable and it just looks like you're wearing chap stick rather than lip stick. Just select the color you think matches your lips. It costs like $7 and you can get it at almost any convenience store here in the states. Ill also post the link if you want to buy it online. I use the petunia color. I really hope this helps. Like I said its not perfect, its not even good enough to stop me looking for alternative solutions. But definitely better than nothing at all

Thanks Bro, I appreciate the reply. I will definitely try some.
(11-11-2015 01:02 AM)thesespotsuck Wrote: [ -> ]

Oh and I forgot, I have a few questions about the burts bees. Do you wear it on a daily basis and if so have you noticed if it has made your fordyce spots worse? I have worn chapstick and similar products before but it always seemed that after a few days of wearing it I would notice new spots. My second question is have you kissed anybody while wearing the tinted lip balm, did it rub off on her lips, and did it seem to stay on pretty good or did you have to reapply it?Thanks.
I haven't noticed it making any difference in making my fordyce spots better or worse. I only wear it when I go out. I've kissed while wearing it and I've never checked to see if it rubs off. The important part is that if you made it far enough to where you're kissing either she didn't notice or she didn't care and you shouldn't be concerned about it after that point
Does anybody else have any other suggestions or ideas.
Reference URL's