Fordyce Spots Support Forum

Full Version: Vinegar cured me :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently got these white spots on my lips, and discovered that white vinegar helped my case after applying 2-3 times a day, after it dried I applied Vaseline on my lips, they disappeared in 3 days . IDK if itll work on everyone, but the spots haven't came back for months. Fordyce Spots are like a skin fungal infection and vinegar kills fungus, but if this doesn't help you can also try to apply jojoba oil on your skin or lips throughout the day and this is your daily routine.
Or you can try once or twice a week, at night , take a q-tip dipped in apple cider vinegar and roll across the area. Allow to dry and repeat this process for about 30 min. The next morning after, exfoliate with a warm wash cloth. try this remedy, please reply.
(02-28-2012 04:03 AM)aking Wrote: [ -> ]I recently got these white spots on my lips, and discovered that white vinegar helped my case after applying 2-3 times a day, after it dried I applied Vaseline on my lips, they disappeared in 3 days . IDK if itll work on everyone, but the spots haven't came back for months. Fordyce Spots are like a skin fungal infection and vinegar kills fungus, but if this doesn't help you can also try to apply jojoba oil on your skin or lips throughout the day and this is your daily routine.
Or you can try once or twice a week, at night , take a q-tip dipped in apple cider vinegar and roll across the area. Allow to dry and repeat this process for about 30 min. The next morning after, exfoliate with a warm wash cloth. try this remedy, please reply.

good info, thanks, I will start tonight and report back Big Grin
So did it work for u? I want 2 try this method
I had my fordyce spots in my lips and genital part, it disgust me and i wanna get rid of it. Although i try to attempt to consult a doctor, i found it useless i read a lot of forums and they all said its normal, all you have to do is live with it.I am thinking of vinegar, is vinegar tried on genital part will be ok?although vinegar is more acid w/c is not good in our genitals. But i am really desperate to try..can anyone advice me about this?
Any results?
fordyce spots are sebaceous glands embedded within the skin. They can be pronounced on the outside of the skin or be deeply rooted within the skin. Vinegar soaks pretty much remove the superficial epidermal part of the skin and might make the spots less obvious. The only real treatment of fordyce spots is to destroy the tissues containing the spots with hyfrecator or CO2 laser procedures.
I tried this and it burned I by burned I mean a little hole where the fordyce are it removed them but I only did it once because the burning and the hole freaked me out. The next day it came back but now it's red and more visible than beforeSad the only option is the CO2 laser treatment no home remedy works
Reference URL's