Fordyce Spots Support Forum

Full Version: Fordyce Spots on the lips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I came across this article while looking for some information about Fordyce Spots on the lips. It might be helpful especially for those who are having this problem.

White Spots on the lips
- It mentions here that they are non-infectious and are not related to any illness of any sort.

Here's another question posted in another site where the writer suggests using Blistex, though no specific product name aside from the brand was mentioned. The good thing with it is that since Blistex a known lip cosmetic, it may be worth looking into.
Thanks for this. I have some spots on my lips that I want to get rid of. Blistex? That's interesting! I'm checking out their site for specific products that may help.

I wonder if dryness of the skin can be attributed to the cause of Fordyce spots?
I have been using blistex lip balm to reduce the dryness of my lips since having fordyce spots, i dont know if anyone else has had this problem but in the last 12 months of noticing the spots my lips peel and are dry and without daily lip balm i would get white chapped lips. I have also used other lip balms and it has made no diference and may have even made it worse as it could be clogging the pores?
(12-05-2009 12:19 AM)Hyperion Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this. I have some spots on my lips that I want to get rid of. Blistex? That's interesting! I'm checking out their site for specific products that may help.

I wonder if dryness of the skin can be attributed to the cause of Fordyce spots?

I have also come to the same conclusion that the fordyce spots are making up for the dryness of the skin because they are sebaceous glands and by their nature produce 'lubricating oils'
^ if that's the case, then it would make sense to help properly moisturize the face to help lessen the presence of fordyce spots, right?
(12-05-2009 01:07 PM)minty Wrote: [ -> ]I have been using blistex lip balm to reduce the dryness of my lips since having fordyce spots, i dont know if anyone else has had this problem but in the last 12 months of noticing the spots my lips peel and are dry and without daily lip balm i would get white chapped lips. I have also used other lip balms and it has made no diference and may have even made it worse as it could be clogging the pores?

Thanks for the feedback. Are you using any specific Blistex product? I'd like to give it a try, but I'm also worried about the side effects. Do you mean that your lips peel and are dry when you use the lip balm, but chapped when you're not?

(12-05-2009 12:19 AM)Hyperion Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this. I have some spots on my lips that I want to get rid of. Blistex? That's interesting! I'm checking out their site for specific products that may help.

i think the cause is opposite~
Reference URL's