Fordyce Spots Support Forum

Full Version: fordyces spots have ruined my life
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have had these spots for longer than I can remember I am 16 and have now started getting them on my lips and they Jeep getting worse the ones on my penis look worse then almost all of the pictures on here and it is killing me inside the ones on my lips make me not even want to talk to anyone because I feel like they are going to think I have herpes or something I need help please its killing me
I'm sorry to hear FS is causing you distress. Do you have photos? Maybe it's not as bad as you think. I have prominent spots on both my lips and penis and no one has ever mentioned them. My upper lip has very prominent spots too. Nobody has even noticed them (in fact, I get a lot of compliments on my lips) and it hasn't affected my life negatively at all. Don't worry about people thinking it's herpes (or cold sores, as they are known on the lips). The two conditions do not look similar.
I'm still in school where I talk to girls no one has said anything bout them yet because I try to hide them I don't go in dates now because I'm embarrassed and my doctor was a retard and told me to put carmex on them and it should loosen them up no there now all on top lip top left and right corner. And now starting on m bottom I need help I'm getting very disscouraged what if some on asks what they are how do I explain
Keep this in mind - you are only 16. At this point in your life, your body is changing. Right now you're noticing them for the first time. It doesn't mean that they're going to grow in numbers for the rest of your life. My bet is that you're examining yourself too closely and freaking out about something normal. Your spots sound a lot like mine. I have them on my top lip on both sides and on my bottom lip on one side, they are very visible and prominent. They showed up during puberty and have stayed the same. NO ONE has EVER mentioned them. And people have been really close up. Haha. The reason nobody has said anything is probably because no one has seen them as anything unusual. I notice them because I know what they are and what to look for.

Try this for a week and see how it goes: whenever you encounter someone, look at their lips. My bet is that at least a few of them will have these spots. They really are common. The thing is, they usually go unnoticed. I didn't realize people had them until I started really looking at their lips. I even spot them in celebrities. Robert Pattison, Zac Efron, Justin Timberlake, etc. They've all got them. Some people have spots that are more prominent than others. I bet you a lot of the guys that have them on their lips also have them on their penis. They are extremely common.

If someone asks what they are, just tell them the truth. Be nonchalant about it. Be like, "These? They're sebaceous glands. Everyone has them. They're more visible in some people than in others. You didn't know that?"

I hope this helps you a little bit. I think you're being too harsh on yourself. Keep in mind the person you date will probably be waaaaay more self-conscious about their own body to be worrying about some spots on your lips. Not to mention, girls have them as well. It's harder to notice because they were lipstick.
Hey thanks that really helped it seems like I haven't put anything on them for months and my lips are very chapped but you can't notice them as easily that's a lot for the info I'm doing research and my dermatologist has talked to the health board of her hospital and they might go into research for a cure
Reference URL's