Fordyce Spots Support Forum

Full Version: Unsure as to what an inflamed Fordyce spot may appear as
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have always had small bumps mainly on the underside of my penile shaft towards the base. Never thought much of them at all. Recently however, I noticed one on the top of my penile shaft and it appeared different. Red around the outside with a small white spot in the middle. It has no pain what-so-ever, doesn't itch, doesn't get irritated. It doesn't pop either, I have tried. Even though I should probably leave it alone.

I attached a picture of the spot and I should note there are 2 more smaller ones (this one probably appears more inflammed due to me messing with it) on the back of my penis about mid-way down the shaft.

I have scheduled a doctor's appt, just to be sure. However I was hoping perhaps someone here could shed some light onto things and perhaps elevate some of the stress I have regarding it.
That is indeed similar to what inflamed FS looks like. However, I obviously can't tell you for sure what it is. How long has it been there? Have you shaved recently or otherwise irritated the area?

Please let us know what the doctor says.
(05-18-2012 04:17 AM)fleetfox Wrote: [ -> ]That is indeed similar to what inflamed FS looks like. However, I obviously can't tell you for sure what it is. How long has it been there? Have you shaved recently or otherwise irritated the area?

Please let us know what the doctor says.

It has been there for about 4 days now. I shaved awhile ago (couple weeks). However recently with there been 2 weeks before the start of my new job (just started the other day) I had a lot of free time, which meant that I was perhaps entertaining myself too often. Uhh. So not sure if excessive masturbation can cause that >.>
I suppose it's possible. If you damaged a spot down there, it could have gotten inflamed. Have you tried putting antibacterial ointment on it? That may help you out if it's inflamed.
(05-18-2012 04:25 AM)fleetfox Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose it's possible. If you damaged a spot down there, it could have gotten inflamed. Have you tried putting antibacterial ointment on it? That may help you out if it's inflamed.

I have not tried that. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the advice/help.
No problem. Keep us updated to what the doc says.
(05-18-2012 04:29 AM)fleetfox Wrote: [ -> ]No problem. Keep us updated to what the doc says.

He took a look, said they were just glands and nothing to worry about. Didn't seem phased by them at all. *shrug*
Well, that's good news. It probably is inflamed FS. Try the anti-bacterial ointment. It should help out.
Reference URL's